Tuesday, February 17, 2009

14th Thing: Library 2.0

Thisexercise was one of the more interesting for me. I enjoyed reading about the ever-changing library world and the employment of technology to plan and meet patrons needs. In the future, it appears that libraries will look to their increased participation from their patrons in helping to create and utilize a greater variety of services, particularly those found on the web. I love a quote from the movie Shawshank Redemption in which Tim Robbins says, "Geat busy livin' or get busy dyin'." This seems to sum up the attitude of the bloggers whose blogs were posted on the 14th thing. Though change is tough, it seems that libraries must change and adopt technologies that will benefit their patrons in locating and utilizing a variety resources found in the library and beyond. As for this library aide, I hope I am up to the task. I don't plan on dyin' anytime soon!

No comments: