Friday, February 20, 2009

18th Thing: Web 2.0 Tools Are Like the Energizer Bunny

Wow--what a plethora of sites! I chose to select the tag "E-Learning" and explore two safe, fun kids' activity sites. The first, Kidzon, is a terrific site. It contains lessons in math, science, geography, reading, creative arts and much more for children in preschool through the fifth grade. It also contains free coloring pages, jigsaw puzzles and freebies. It is also a helpful site for parents and teachers as there are literally hundreds of pages of printable worksheets for children. I plan to share it with my Godchild.

I also visited Kidthing. There children can read and hear what other children have to say about our new president, play a Great Nation contration game and even learn about the Read Across America program. They may also order coloring pages of scenes from Dr. Seuss' books. The site contains Read Across America helps for teachers as well.

I am amazed at all the sites that I have never heard about before. The tag feature is very helpful in directing a person to a particular topic of interest.

No comments: